Laptop is Dell

Galllade

Commendable
Jun 8, 2016
Can someone please help me. Every time I turn on my laptop it just stays at the startup screen and that's it. It just stays frozen. I tried taking out the battery and leaving it out for a week. I even tried leaving my laptop completely dead so that I could access the utilities and restart it but still doesn't work and does the same thing.

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to do a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If it will still not boot up, try loading in Safe Mode, while the laptop is booting up repeatedly press on F8 until it loads into Advanced Boot Option then select Safe Mode and press Enter.
- If it will load in Safe Mode do run System Restore first.
- Here's how: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc
- If System Restore will not work I would suggest reinstalling Windows itself.

nicksav

Commendable
Jun 8, 2016

A great start, however, if you are not able to get it working when following these steps, it's quite possible that you may have a dead motherboard and may have to get it replaced. If you can't even access your BIOS, it's likely to be the motherboard.

Cheers!

nicksav

Commendable
Jun 8, 2016

This wouldn't cause the BIOS freeze. BIOS would inform you that the disk is not bootable, and would not proceed, or would shut down. This issue is probably motherboard related.