Solved! Laptop is now buggy and slow from one torrent site

Jun 12, 2020
Hi guys,

A few days ago my laptop was running absolutely fine, hardly skipped a beat. I hadn't previously used any torrents but went looking for a tv show. I didn't actually download it in the end, just browsed.

Later that same day, I kept getting pop ups in the bottom right corner of my screen for a webiste - ettvdl.co.uk (or close to that)

And since then the whole laptop has been acting up. It's buggy as hell, super slow, started turning itself off when the lid was shut which it's never done before, its driving me crazy and I have no idea what to do.

I ran my anti-virus (which had expired without me realising when I browsed the torrent site) and it found a few issues and cleaned them up but it's still not right!

I have an acer intel core i5 @ 2.5 ghz, 8 gb ram, windows 10. I'm not very tech savvy but please can anybody help me

Thanks, Dan

Solution
go into the tools tab on leftside in ccleaner & go to startup to see what is there that shouldn't be. why can't you do a system restore?
Jun 12, 2020
Unfortunately I couldn't go back!

I'm using bt antivirus but I don't have any malware software.

I've noticed also that fan is really loud since and my cpu usage fly's to 90% just from browsing chrome. Any ideas?

Thanks for replying

Jun 12, 2020
I tired the malware software and it didn't find anything unfortunately. Ccleaner found a bunch of problems but hasn't sorted my actual problem out.

How would I run bitdefender in safe mode?

I've been watching the cpu usage and it's at 34% just doing nothing, I opened Gmail only and it shot to 88% and that's when the fan starts going crazy

Jun 12, 2020
I'm not sure, it just wasn't available to go that far back.

I only have 7 programs and they all seem like they should be there. Only one I don't recognise is Realtek Semiconductor?

Would a full system wipe help?