Laptop is suddenly faster?

Jodi850

Estimable
Apr 23, 2015
I have a packard bell easynote lm94 with windows 8 and a cracked screen (i got it from a friend wich wanted the data off the laptop, so i hooked a second screen to it, and got all data off it, then my borther said he could replace the screen so i had a laptop to use)

Now, i was playing a game on it, and it ran at like 30-40 fps at decent grapics, it was playabke, at least for me, until one night, i started the game, and it ran on a full 60fps, even when i bumped up the grapics a little, i wasnt sure what exactly was changed, but the next morning i start the game once more, only to find out it was back at the 40-30 fps, and i hadnt changed anything.

Does anyone have a idea what could have given this effect, or any way to get it back to full speed.

Jodi850

Estimable
Apr 23, 2015
Single player offline, i started the game this midday, and it was running at great speed once again,

Karadjgne

Distinguished
Herald
Sounds like something cpu intensive like hibernation or Antivirus or Intel smart connect failed to start and freed up the cpu for your game use. You can look back in Windows event viewer history for that day and see if for some reason a service failed to start.

Jodi850

Estimable
Apr 23, 2015

Hmm okay, ill try that...