Laptop keeps going to same menu

Aug 27, 2018
My Lenovo laptop keeps going to this screen. It says boot menu with 5 options and if i press windows boot manager it loads to lenovo screen and then go back to the menu. And i have no way of getting of the menu. If i do system restore it gets halfway and cancels and goes back to menu

Solution
you are probably going to have to use the reset switch to even get it to boot and reinstall windows, use a paperclip in the Reset 'Hole'

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht036024

A unit will not power down using either the operating system or the power switch
Press and hold the power button for a few seconds. If the computer does not respond, remove AC power, and put a straightened paper clip into the reset hole and depress the switch. The unit should power off.

A unit will not resume from standby
In this case press and hold the power button for a few seconds. If the computer still does not respond, remove AC power, and put a straightened paper clip into the reset hole on the base and depress the switch to...
Could be a failing drive if a system restore fails. You can try a full clean setup of Windows using a boot disk. You would have to restore your files from a backup though since the best way to install Windows is to first delete existing partitions and create new ones. if system is in warranty, contact Lenovo first.

Peter Martin

Estimable
Oct 9, 2014
you are probably going to have to use the reset switch to even get it to boot and reinstall windows, use a paperclip in the Reset 'Hole'

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht036024

A unit will not power down using either the operating system or the power switch
Press and hold the power button for a few seconds. If the computer does not respond, remove AC power, and put a straightened paper clip into the reset hole and depress the switch. The unit should power off.

A unit will not resume from standby
In this case press and hold the power button for a few seconds. If the computer still does not respond, remove AC power, and put a straightened paper clip into the reset hole on the base and depress the switch to turn off the computer.

Solution