Laptop keeps on shutting off randomly!!!

kudosz

Commendable
Jun 7, 2016
Laptop keeps off shutting off!!! I honestly don't know what do do now my Acer Aspire 5733z-4851 it randomly shuts off at times when in use and when left in idle. I have tried replacing the battery which worked for around the same amount of time the other battery did. After this I took out the battery and just left in it plugged in with no battery in just to check if both of the batteries are faulty and no It just did the same thing. I have read other threads that say over heating could be the problem, but it feels normal. Please Help!!

kudosz

Commendable
Jun 7, 2016

Im not sure what im really looking for. I go into system logs and if I look around I see when the computer shut down and the source comes from Kernel Power saying "the system rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" and it says it could have been caused by a crash, loss of power or the system stopped responding. A litlle below that event it shows where it turned off suddenly.

kudosz

Commendable
Jun 7, 2016

No its not. My brother gave it to me so I could try and fix it and if I could I would sell to buy parts for another computer. Anything you think that i could try to do and fix it. I keep thinking it might be the battery because im looking at it and its 11.1 V and 5200mAh and the old one is 10.8 V and 4400mAh could that be the problem??? If so should I return the new battery and get another one?

Ironsounds

Distinguished
Hello... 1C) The Problem lies deeper... and taking apart the Laptop, A Power problem will become obvious... connectors cracked broken, cracked Solder joints, blocked/dirty air cooling paths or Heat Discoloring.

1D )The PS cable wires could be Damaged/broken/frayed under the insulation somewhere and the battery is not charging properly... OR on the ends of the connector? You can get a low cost replacement PS at your local computer re-cycling store too try?

kudosz

Commendable
Jun 7, 2016

I cannot open it the panel wont come off unless unscrewed but i cant seem to find where to unscrew some of the hidden ones. I can barely open it where i see the Heat Sink and CPU.

Ironsounds

Distinguished
Hello... 2) utube the model or look at similar brands too learn all the tricks to taking them apart... all the hidden plastic latches and screws.
3) Re-post in laptops and ask for 'advise how to take apart my "?"... there are some really good people here that do that very same thing. B )

kudosz

Commendable
Jun 7, 2016

nothing seems to be broken I think I am just going to take it to a repair shop. Thanks