Laptop keeps rebooting

Auptimus

Estimable
Apr 16, 2014
Hi guys,
I am new to this forum and please bear with me.
I have a Samsung NP-RV510-A05US that keeps rebooting. First, I thought it was overheating, so I replaced the fan and the heat sink, but it is still rebooting. I have a video that's showing the problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqxvhhekTQ4

Thanks for your help and peace.
Optimus

Solution
No sweat. You might try borrowing a stick from a friend or relative's laptop and trying that in yours, and vice versa. If your stick works in theirs, but theirs doesn't in yours, then it's probably the mobo. If your stick doesn't work in theirs, but theirs does in your laptop, then it's the RAM. If you swap the sticks and both laptops work, convince them to make the swap permanent, reassemble the laptops and call it a day:)

Replacing a stick of bad RAM (if that's what it is) is going to be cheaper than replacing a mobo.

volcanoscout

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
Try removing one of your RAM sticks. If it doesn't boot, replace it and remove the other. Then try each of the sticks separately in the opposite slots. With the boot loop, it's possible that one of your sticks or SODIMM slots has gone bad.

How old is your laptop?

Auptimus

Estimable
Apr 16, 2014
Hi volcanoscout,
Thanks for your answer. I really appreciate that and sorry for the delay. Here is the thing. The laptop has only one RAM of 4GB. I swapped it from a slot to the other, no change. I have even tried booting without the RAM, it did the same thing. Probably needs a new MoBo.
The laptop is around 3 years old (Sept. 2011).
Bless you.

volcanoscout

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
No sweat. You might try borrowing a stick from a friend or relative's laptop and trying that in yours, and vice versa. If your stick works in theirs, but theirs doesn't in yours, then it's probably the mobo. If your stick doesn't work in theirs, but theirs does in your laptop, then it's the RAM. If you swap the sticks and both laptops work, convince them to make the swap permanent, reassemble the laptops and call it a day:)

Replacing a stick of bad RAM (if that's what it is) is going to be cheaper than replacing a mobo.

Solution

Auptimus

Estimable
Apr 16, 2014
Thanks for your prompt reply. That's what I will do this weekend. I have a friend who owns a computer repair shop and I will take it there to try the RAM. Hopefully it's the RAM and not the MoBo.
Have a wonderful day.
Optimus.

volcanoscout

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014

You, too. Let us know how it goes.