Solved! Laptop keeps restarting

Dec 22, 2020
Hello my laptop is HP 14-ac120tx I upgraded my laptops ram it had a dd3l 1600mhz 4gb ram and I bought the same thing but my laptop random restarting sometimes it worked fine.
I already try to use 1 ram at a time with different socket and it's working but when I use the 2 ram at he same time it is restarting what to do?

Solution
you should use same ram with same clock and bus speed.
if you put same brand better.
but the main reason aout restaring by chhanging ram is bus speed - kind of chip on ram my mean double chip oe one side chip - and clock
I would run the HP RAM diagnostic. There should already be diagnostics installed that you can boot into (you'll need to research how to do that). Alternatively, you can obtain a bootable diagnostic from the internet. Run the long RAM test (it will takes hours to run). I suspect it will tell you that a memory card is bad. I hope you are taking care in how you handle the cards. They are static sensitive and easy to damage if mishandled. That may be what happened.

BTW, you need to run a separate bootable diagnostic. Trying to run a RAM test under Windows will leave lots of RAM untested.

Deciplox

Great
Dec 8, 2020
Hello my laptop is HP 14-ac120tx I upgraded my laptops ram it had a dd3l 1600mhz 4gb ram and I bought the same thing but my laptop random restarting sometimes it worked fine.
I already try to use 1 ram at a time with different socket and it's working but when I use the 2 ram at he same time it is restarting what to do?

have you tried putting the original ram back in to see if the problem still occurs?

if so then this would mean you have a bad connection somewhere, or you have possibly knocked something whilst changing ram.

Dec 28, 2020
you should use same ram with same clock and bus speed.
if you put same brand better.
but the main reason aout restaring by chhanging ram is bus speed - kind of chip on ram my mean double chip oe one side chip - and clock

Solution