Solved! Laptop keyboard and mouse not working

May 19, 2019
My Hp laptop keyboard and mouse is not working properly. When I was using my laptop my laptop keyboard and mouse suddenly stop working. After sometime only brightness keys are working till I don't press any other key and rest keys are not working. Also capslock and wifi key lights are showing. And laptop mouse is completely dead, it is not working.

I had tried to solve this issue so I had done hard reset, I had uninstall keyboard drivers but none work. Laptop keys are not ever working on booting. External keyboard and mouse is working fine.

Can reinstalling OS will solve this issue or there is an issue with motherboard since I don't think that keyboard is dead since it is showing light and brightness key works sometime.

So please help me to solve this issue. Suggest me what to do?

Solution
If it needed the OS reinstalled, then the external ones would be a problem too.

Also, did you uninstall the keyboard driver, then reboot the computer (power it off and back on) without reinstalling the driver? If not, then if the driver was the problem, it would not have been resolved. So, then I would try again by uninstalling the driver, reboot (without reinstalling) and then let the computer reinstall it.

If that doesn't help, then you may well have to replace the keyboard and mouse. Or continue using external ones.
If it needed the OS reinstalled, then the external ones would be a problem too.

Also, did you uninstall the keyboard driver, then reboot the computer (power it off and back on) without reinstalling the driver? If not, then if the driver was the problem, it would not have been resolved. So, then I would try again by uninstalling the driver, reboot (without reinstalling) and then let the computer reinstall it.

If that doesn't help, then you may well have to replace the keyboard and mouse. Or continue using external ones.

Solution