Laptop Keyboard (and OSK) doesn't work *Fixed*

DazzaJersey

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
The Keyboard stopped working on my Lenovo laptop and I can't log in. I have tried using an external keyboard but the same thing happens. I can press the Num Lock key and the light comes on but no other keys will type my password.

I have also loaded up the On Screen Keyboard which recognises when I press Ctrl, Shift or Capslock, but again, no letters work.

Please help.

Thanks.

Update: Keys that work on the OSK but not the physical keyboard:
Home
End
Space Bar
Caps Lock
Fn
Shift
Ctrl
Windows Key

*Fixed*

I removed the laptops keyboard and restarted but there was still an issue. I eventually managed to log in and opened notepad and random keys were being pressed, even with no keyboard attached. I ran a System Restore back to 12th Dec which appeared to work. Also ran AVG Free and Malwarebytes to scan for anything malicious that could have been pressing keys. All seems to be working fine now and have reattached the keyboard.

DazzaJersey

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
I removed the laptops keyboard and restarted but there was still an issue. I eventually managed to log in and opened notepad and random keys were being pressed, even with no keyboard attached. I ran a System Restore back to 12th Dec which appeared to work. Also ran AVG Free and Malwarebytes to scan for anything malicious that could have been pressing keys. All seems to be working fine now and have reattached the keyboard.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Laptop Tech Support 0
ony308 Laptop Tech Support 2
pickle rickle Laptop Tech Support 2
G Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 7
M Laptop Tech Support 0
HeyAshh1 Laptop Tech Support 1
Kjlaptop Laptop Tech Support 3
Outofmymindyo Laptop Tech Support 6
zombi3010.steam Laptop Tech Support 3
C Laptop Tech Support 3