Solved! Laptop Keyboard and trackpad only work in bios

Shane_29

Commendable
May 7, 2016
I have looked everywhere for a solution and I am out of ideas for what can be wrong with this thing. So far I have nuked the hard drive twice reinstalled linux and windows 7 both have the same problem. Someone suggested I take out the battery so I tried that and still nothing. I tried updating drivers in windows, updating the bios(it wouldn't update cause its already at the latest version. I'm out of ideas I managed to get it working once while on linux and reset the bios defaults however the second I restarted it stopped working again and I couldn't get it to work a second time.

Solution
Hi there. I was helping a friend to fix the same problem on her Aspire v5-122p which i installed windows 10 on it.

The problem was there since she got her faulty motherboard replaced.
The turning on of Legacy on bios didnt work for me. but i downloaded the latest bios firmware from the manufacturer and flash the bios.

use an external keyboard and mouse to download the bios firmware and flash it.
Hi,

Have you tried using an external USB keyboard and mouse? Do test it and see if it will work or not because if it will still not work that could only mean that the problem is within the laptop itself. But if the laptop will work with an external USB keyboard and mouse inside Windows that could only mean that the problem is the operating system. Do also consider trying a different HDD with your laptop and install an OS again and see if the same problem will persist or not.

Shane_29

Commendable
May 7, 2016

So I can use a usb keyboard and mouse and they will work and I did try switching out hard drives when i was switching between windows and linux and the problem still happened.

Mar 3, 2018
Hi there. I was helping a friend to fix the same problem on her Aspire v5-122p which i installed windows 10 on it.

The problem was there since she got her faulty motherboard replaced.
The turning on of Legacy on bios didnt work for me. but i downloaded the latest bios firmware from the manufacturer and flash the bios.

use an external keyboard and mouse to download the bios firmware and flash it.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS