Laptop keyboard slowly dying

PoisonousDeath

Estimable
Aug 20, 2015
Hello. I don't know where to ask for help, figured I'd try here. so...
my keyboard was fine some months back. but the a key died. I need to press hard on it for it to work, and now it doesnt even seem to work. my s key is starting to die now too. I have an asus laptop. it's pretty new since april this year (bought at bestbuy). so this shouldnt be happening. any suggestions? I might take it to the store soon but I wanted to see if I could fix it on my own WITHOUT having to open it if possible. thank you!!

Solution
If the laptop is still under warranty send it back for repair / replacement of the KB.

If it is out of warranty then order a new KB online, watch one of the "how to" videos on the tube, and replace it yourself.

KB replacement for most laptops is easy ... and the part is usually only about 20 or 30 bucks.
If the laptop is still under warranty send it back for repair / replacement of the KB.

If it is out of warranty then order a new KB online, watch one of the "how to" videos on the tube, and replace it yourself.

KB replacement for most laptops is easy ... and the part is usually only about 20 or 30 bucks.

Solution