laptop keyboard types the character f and number 5 instead of f

adeeb300

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016
Hello,
My keyboard is typing 'f5' instead of 'f'. I am sure that it is a software problem because sometimes it get fixed after a restart. The touch keyboard works without any issues.

adeeb300

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016

Same problem.

If it is still doing it after the driver change, yet it fixes itself sometimes when you reboot the computer, I would wonder if something running on the laptop is causing it. Try loading in "Safe Mode" and see if the problem happens or not. If it doesn't, you have a software issue.

How to enter "Safe Mode" when booting the computer.

In Windows 8 and 10...

As your computer restarts, press F8 (possibly a few times) to enter "Safe Mode"

a. Press the "F4" key to Enable "Safe Mode".
(The computer will then start in "Safe Mode" with a minimal set of drivers and services.)

b. Press the "F5" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Networking.
( Once "Safe Mode" with Networking starts, Windows is in Safe Mode, with additional network and services for accessing the Internet and other computers on your network.)

c. Press the "F6" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Command Prompt.
(In "Safe Mode" with "Command Prompt" starts Windows in Safe Mode, with a Command Prompt window instead of the Windows interface. This option is mostly only used by IT professionals.)

Now sign in to the computer with your account name and password. (If you have one set.) When you are finished troubleshooting, you can exit "Safe Mode" restarting your computer.

In Windows 7/Vista/XP...

1. Immediately after turning on the computer, or restarting it (usually after you hear your computer beep), tap the F8 key, repeatedly, in 1 second intervals.

2. The computer will then display hardware information and run a memory test.

3. Next the "Advanced Boot Options" menu will appear.

4. In the "Advanced Boot Options" menu use the arrow keys to select "Safe Mode" or "Safe Mode with Networking" and press ENTER.

adeeb300

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016

Still having the same problem. :(

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
danielxfx Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 6
U Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
1 Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1