Question Laptop lcd screen upgrade

Totoh

Commendable
May 8, 2019
Hi guys, is it okay if I upgrade my asus x556ub screen from 1366x768 hd to 1920x1080 fhd?

If the screen you found is listed as compatible with your model, sure you can try it. But there are often issues with swapping screens in laptops even if the vendor states it will work, laptops are not standardized on components and connections so really the only way to know is to find someone that did what you are trying to do. Did you do a web search already for a screen swap for your model? Find anything?

Totoh

Commendable
May 8, 2019
If the screen you found is listed as compatible with your model, sure you can try it. But there are often issues with swapping screens in laptops even if the vendor states it will work, laptops are not standardized on components and connections so really the only way to know is to find someone that did what you are trying to do. Did you do a web search already for a screen swap for your model? Find anything?
I didn't found anyone who tried to replace their lcd on my model, but I did find a website that says that their lcd screen (FHD) is compatible on my model. I just seek some advice if I should upgrade it to FHD. My old lcd has dead pixel on it and it keeps on spreading whenever I open my laptop. :(

https://www.laptopscreen.com/English/model/ASUS/X556UB/