Laptop makes clicking noise

armanbabayan555

Prominent
Jan 17, 2018
My laptop makes clicking sounds. It is brand new, is not even a month old. Unfortunately, I have bought the laptop from another country and I am not able to repair it with the laptop's warranty.

The clicking noise persists from the boot, even when the loading screen has not appeared, so this is not a Windows issue. The laptop is HP 15-bs015dx. It has a disk drive, however I do not think that the noise is coming from there, since I have examined it carefully. Everybody says it is an HDD problem, but again the laptop is a month old, and is not full with information. The noise comes from the back of the laptop where the speakers are, when I try to carefully listen to it the noise sounds like low volume clicks of an old typewriter buttons with a little fan noise. I have also noticed that the sounds come more when the laptop is being used. How can I fix this?

A Video demonstration of mine - [video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqBrmQ_4Gho"][/video]

Please help.

Solution
The clicking noise is coming from hard drive, soo replacing that could fix potential issue, and other can be from fan but that could be louder because needle is jumping from one place of plate to other, and you recorded in very quiet room btw.
Often hitachi HDD and seagate have higher clicking noise than others (as i have WDD and Tohsiba in main and seagate and hitachi in other 2 systems).
Download CrystalDiskInfo and if it says that is in good condition you're good to go, but hdd may go bad sooner or later.

armanbabayan555

Prominent
Jan 17, 2018

So, pay a lot of cash to fly back to the US to get a repair? I can buy 3 of these laptops just for the plane ticket money.

The clicking noise is coming from hard drive, soo replacing that could fix potential issue, and other can be from fan but that could be louder because needle is jumping from one place of plate to other, and you recorded in very quiet room btw.
Often hitachi HDD and seagate have higher clicking noise than others (as i have WDD and Tohsiba in main and seagate and hitachi in other 2 systems).
Download CrystalDiskInfo and if it says that is in good condition you're good to go, but hdd may go bad sooner or later.

Solution