Laptop making weird noise.

daud4328

Honorable
Oct 15, 2013
So basically My laptop which is about a year old started making this weird noise which seems to be coming from the left of the laptop. This sound is constant from the moment i hit the power button. it sounds like how static sounds. its very faint but increases sometimes. it started when i kinda half threw the laptop on the bed. it made a click kinda sound when it landed. after that i switched it on and the sound starts. its coming from the the place on the left where there is a vent like outlet. and the noise increases if i push down on that part of the laptop. . Any help would be appreciated. is it fan or hard disk?
P.S the noise stops when i tild the laptop at a certain angle.
http://
Thanks

Solution
For what I could hear in the sound you recrded, seems to me that when the laptop fell down some small wire got loosen inside and is stuck on, possibly, the heatsink fan. What is exactly the brand/model of your laptop? You can find an online tutorial as to how to open it so you can check yourself, or, if it's still on warranty, you can take it to any warranty center have it checked for you.

Good luck.

notlim981

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012
For what I could hear in the sound you recrded, seems to me that when the laptop fell down some small wire got loosen inside and is stuck on, possibly, the heatsink fan. What is exactly the brand/model of your laptop? You can find an online tutorial as to how to open it so you can check yourself, or, if it's still on warranty, you can take it to any warranty center have it checked for you.

Good luck.

Solution