Laptop Monitor Pink and green Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashelentine

Prominent
Apr 16, 2017
My laptop is a Dell N5050 which i received as a gift. ...Few days ago while i was Playing a game on it the screen suddenly turned into pink. I thought that it was a effect in game and carried on for about five mins. then even after i quit it the screen stayed pink(on white areas) and green (on dark areas of screen ) I tried many things suggested by various forums such as the built in LCD test using function key at start , and also tried connecting laptop to my TV via HDMI and worked perfectly fine on TV screen but still pink on Laptop. whats confusing is that There is a horizontal line on the top of screen unharmed by pink and green effects. I don't wanna go straight out and replace the screen because it might cost me big. i wanna take my chances on doing everything to minimize the damage if u know what i mean. So if u guys know what this mean please help me out. If u need more info i will gladly provide them. I will try to attach an image file with this if possible. Thank you Guys in Advance. :)
view

First, if the gift was a 'new' laptop, then if it is still under warranty, you can contact the manufacturer about a repair or replacement. If the device the is the problem, it shouldn't cost you.

Now if it isn't under warranty any longer (they are usually around a year long) then you can try taking it apart and looking at the cable that connects the display. You may want to check it for being loose, and even disconnect it on both ends and then reconnect it.

Should this not help, it may be the display needs replacing.

Ashelentine

Prominent
Apr 16, 2017

Well The Laptop is not a brand new one one. i already used up the warranty and the time limit for the warranty has passed. but im hoping on to ask one of my friends to fix the cable for me so if thats the problem maybe we all can learn something. Thank you for Your support. Ill Reply as soon as i get the work done.

Status
Not open for further replies.