Laptop, MSI, GPU, Nopower

Zbam

Commendable
Mar 22, 2016
Hello people. English is my second language so I apologize for my mistakes in advance.

I bought a laptop 3 years ago(local brand called Monster) exactly like MSI GT60 series. Motherboard is the same, look is the same etc.
Specs : i7 3840qm 16gb kingston 1600mhz ram. 120GB intel SSD, 750GB momentus HDD 2.5"
and GTX 675MX 2GB GDDR5 graphics card.

2 days ago while i was playing h1z1, the laptop just shut itself off. And I could not turn it on again. Even the green led on adapter wasn't lit. But when I plug the charger off of the laptop and the socket and plugged back into the wall socket the green light is there, but as soon as i put the charger end into the laptop the green led is gone.
Anyways I opened the laptop and realized the problem is my graphics card. When I take GTX675MX out from the PCI slot, the computer is working normally over intel HD 4000.
But if I put GTX 675MX back into the slot, laptop is not powering at all it's even killing the green led on charger adapter.

So I do not know if it's fried GPU or something else. Because I had some research on internet and saw no laptop is not powering just because of fried graphics card. So can it be something else ?

I also cleaned my graphics card and my motherboard PCI slot, nothing has changed. And I do not have an option to get another dedicated laptop graphic card and try it in my motherboard's slot.

I can send photos if needed,
Anyone has any guess what is causing my problem ?

Thank you

Zbam

Commendable
Mar 22, 2016

Since now I am using the laptop that is not possible but i have the photo of graphic card :

1- http://i.hizliresim.com/9oDao5.jpg
2- http://i.hizliresim.com/qMJdMR.jpg

And what about some workaround ? Baking the card would help me ?

What I want to see, if you have a pin on the connector on the motherboard with a burning mark. But looking at the edge on both side of the card all is fine. You can try to bake the card, at this point you have nothing to loose. But be careful not to connect the card too long if the power goes out, you risk damaging something else on the motherboard.

Zbam

Commendable
Mar 22, 2016

Well it came to my mind too, I mean the PCI slot might be the problem. I will reopen the laptop in the evening and take a photo of it, I'll post it here, maybe there is no mark on edges of the card but there might be on the slot ?. Thanks for the quick replies :)