laptop not booting

christian_88

Commendable
Oct 8, 2016
Hello!

I have an issue with my laptop...

when i turn it on, the fan start working, but it stays there, it doesn't boot, nor shows the bios screen, the screen just stays black... its a 6years old laptop, i tried cleaning the hardware, trying removing stuff etc etc... but it still the same

the hdd is working perfectly...

dunno about the rest, i suspect it could be a motherboard problem...

other symptom that i noticed is, that the keyboard (num-lock) and (caps-lock) key leds where flashing, so that might be a proof that it can't be the LCD screen but a hardware problem

i hope someone could give me a deeper answer because im not really sure what im dealing with, and i don't want to spend money replacing something just to find out that there was more problems than a single one

thanks

Solution
try this. disconnect power adapter from laptop. remove main battery from laptop. hold the power button down for a 20 count as this is a hard reset. re-install battery to laptop. reconnect power adapter to laptop & turn on laptop.

ffg7

Splendid
try this. disconnect power adapter from laptop. remove main battery from laptop. hold the power button down for a 20 count as this is a hard reset. re-install battery to laptop. reconnect power adapter to laptop & turn on laptop.

Solution

christian_88

Commendable
Oct 8, 2016

ill do it as soon as i get back home