Laptop not charging while on

sesbetr72

Honorable
Nov 22, 2012
My laptop is a Lenovo G50-80, and it has had problems ever since I've bought it. I've been able to fix most of the major problems, but this one leaves me clueless. When I have my laptop on it will not charge at all. When I turn my laptop off it's able to charge. When the laptop is plugged in and off, and I try to power it on the power indicator turns on and off andthe laptop won't turn on. I have to either unplug the laptop to turn it on or spam press the power button to turn it on. I took apart my laptop to check if the charging port was loose, and it was a little bit but I secured it down with glue, but that didn't make any difference in the charging problem. I've bought another charger, and have the same results. Does anybody have any idea on what the problem could be? The laptop's OS is Windows 10, and this problem started about 3 days ago. I've had the laptop a little over a year.

sesbetr72

Honorable
Nov 22, 2012

I don't think this one needs to be soldered because the charger has a cord that runs to the other side of the motherboard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3sGWUGLGNY

My laptop looks exactly like that.

TRENDING THREADS