Laptop not showing display but turning on

Oct 7, 2018
Hello,
I have a Dell latitude d630c and when I had bought it it lasted for about 2 months then all of a sudden the screen was black when I turned it on. The lights are on and fans are on but the display shows nothing. The LCD doesn't even turn on.

So then I plugged it into an external monitor and still nothing. I dont k ow what it could be. I thought maybe its the gpu and if it is then how would I replace it.

Saga Lout

Glorious
If there is no form of Warranty on the laptop, you probably need to change the screen. The GPU will be soldered on to the motherboard.

Have you checked that the brightness function key hasn't been turned right down? I've had laptops in my shop that had been the case and folks also hadn't hit the F key to switch to an external screen.

Oct 7, 2018

No there is no warrant on it and I have not checked the brightness key. But I do remember that. I did hit the f key on the keyboard. I did it multiple times

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Lartwel Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 2
U Laptop Tech Support 1
O Laptop Tech Support 3
A Laptop Tech Support 2
T Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
U Laptop Tech Support 11
A Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 2
K Laptop Tech Support 8
F Laptop Tech Support 4
D Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 2
N Laptop Tech Support 7
P Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 6
Similar threads
Question Nvidia card is not showing up in display adapter and Intel card is used instead
Dell 3537 i on my laptop but display doesn't show anything but 4 white lights are turn on what is the problem pls fix it s
Solved! How can I connect my Hp 620 laptop which screen is broken and display is showing nothing to a TV using HDMI cable
After I power on my laptop it shows no display but caplock led will get on as well as fan will on and then it automatically sh
Solved! My Asus Laptop Only Shows A Black Screen
Reformatted laptop won’t show display after installinh windows 10
i have a flex 15 touch laptop having display problem like in the background it show my previously used app in pink colour and
when i turned on my lenovo laptop model no.- G580 screengoes pink and its show nothing in display what can i do?
Problem external monitor only shows my laptop background no icons or current program displayed. Windows 10
my hp note pc 2000 display is not working and it's showing black when i switch on my laptop. Please provide me details how to
Laptop not showing screen but when it is connected to tv through hdmi cabel the screen is showing in tv not in laptop
Help!Laptop fan spins when power on and lights indicator shows and usb ports works but no display and no sound
My Laptop cant show the display, but it is only showing a power LED for some second and shutdown again.How can i fix this....?
Help my laptop's screen isnt showing any display but lights are on and fan is spinning
Laptop display only showing black
Black screen in Sony VAIO laptop but shows output in TV
Laptop powered on but dint show any display on the screen, not even black light
Laptop showing 'Microsoft Basic Display Driver' instead of my GPU
Laptop display flickers and shows dark squares.
Gigabyte Laptop not showing signs of having Nvidia Graphics Card Installed

ASK THE COMMUNITY