Laptop not turning on or charging

Apr 4, 2018
Starting a month ago, I had to remove and reinsert the battery everytime I switched off or the laptop won't charge or turn on. And it slowly drains the battery if I don't do that after every shutdown

Yesterday, I switched it off as usual but forgot to do that. And I'm not able to turn it on even after reinserting. It's not charging.

I tried removing the battery and the power cord and holding the power button for a minute but still doesn't work.

I also tried removing the CMOS battery and holding the power button because I read that somewhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Apr 4, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from rah678 : "Laptop not turning on or charging"

Starting a month ago, I had to remove and reinsert the battery everytime I switched off or the laptop won't charge or turn on. And it slowly drains the battery if I don't do that after every shutdown

Yesterday, I switched it off as usual but forgot to do that. And I'm not able to turn it on even after reinserting. It's not charging.

I tried removing the battery and the power cord and holding the power button for a minute but still doesn't work.

I also tried removing the CMOS battery and holding the power button because I read that somewhere.

It's an old Lenovo ideapad Z570

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Edit: I also tried another charger