Laptop or Tablet for Computer Science Major - Already Have A Gaming Computer

Hao2Pro

Honorable
Aug 26, 2013
Greetings guys and gals, I am a current senior in high school, and will be majoring in Computer Science this coming fall. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction on what I should buy for the coming year. I currently have a pretty high-end gaming computer with all the programs and software I would ever need, and would be bringing it to the dorms with me.

I'm currently looking at 3 possible options on what I could buy, and numerous products with those options. A laptop, ultrabook, or a tablet/laptop hybrid. It would mainly be used for leisure time with mobile apps, and note taking / basic programs like Word or Powerpoint. My budget for it would be below 1K if possible. I really do not want to spend more than necessary. Would not mind waiting on a new release if any are announced for around that time (June-August 2014). Strongly considering the Microsoft Surface Pro 2 or an iPad Air/Macbook Air.

Thanks for your time.

Hao2Pro

Honorable
Aug 26, 2013
Also strongly considering the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition. I don't mind the bulk, so leaning towards a yoga more.

LummusMaximus

Honorable

Definately go the Yoga, if you need to do any sort of typing the keyboard is far superior. If you don't mind the bulk, then the Yoga wins this contest 1:0.