Laptop order nightmare

OB49

Estimable
Dec 3, 2014
I really need help with this problem regarding my purchase of an Alienware M17. Please don't post about why I shouldn't have got one or there are better alternative ect, I have made a final descision after looking into it and decided that I want one.

Now the problem.

I live in Ireland and needed my Laptop asap so I ordered it a week ago. I was aware that new ones were coming out soon but did not expect it to be right away and in the middle of the production of mine...

The new models were announced today as far as I'm aware and have superior specs and cost less!
Although keep in mind that I live in the EU and they aren't available here yet to my knowledge.

So what should I do? If anyone knows about Dell and what the best course of action is here that would be great. Can I return it? Cancel it?(still in pre production) Or ask for a newer model when it is possible? And finally if anyone could estimate when the new models would actually be available in Europe that would help too. Thanks.

Solution
Your best bet is to just phone up the company explain the situation and see your options. Unfortunately, I don't think there is a "right" answer we can provide you with.

Goodluck!

OB49

Estimable
Dec 3, 2014
Any idea on how long that will take? I can't afford to wait months for it... And the price might be different here too. I wanted to ask about cancellation with Dell, I don't know for certain what is possible and what isn't because I've never ordered a computer before. I imagine it almost certainly is possible to cancel because it is still in pre-production but I wanted to make sure before I can ring tomorrow. So no need to jump down my throat.

mas7873

Estimable
Nov 21, 2014
Your best bet is to just phone up the company explain the situation and see your options. Unfortunately, I don't think there is a "right" answer we can provide you with.

Goodluck!

Solution