Question Laptop overheating after factory reset

Nov 13, 2021
I made a fresh start for windows because it was kinda slow but after the fresh windows my laptop is overheating very quick I don’t know what’s causing the problem, it wasn’t like this before the reset. Can someone explain what’s happening?

Nov 13, 2021
Hp omen 17 cb0xxx 2019 model im running the lastes version of windows 10. I made reset my pc with option keep my files, on task manger there is no high usage at all. The thing is when i start gaming the gpu temp spicks hard from 41c idle to 66c then to 75c all in few minutes. My concern that it wasn’t heating up very fast like this before windows reset. Also i repasted my cpu and gpu recently was getting good temps before the reset aswell..

Nov 13, 2021
Originally was this a windows 7 laptop that up upgraded to windows 10 or was this always a windows 10 laptop? Could be drivers like Wolfshadw is suggesting... if it was windows 7 prior to upgrade might have been still using windows 7 drivers... you could also try going to the GPU vendor directly for current drivers for the GPU

Nov 13, 2021
After the reset i chose keep my files and local reinstall window option not from cloud. And yes i went to hp and wrote my laptop model and it detects my drivers that needs to be updated and i did it all. But something isn’t right with those high temps.

Nov 13, 2021
Originally was this a windows 7 laptop that up upgraded to windows 10 or was this always a windows 10 laptop? Could be drivers like Wolfshadw is suggesting... if it was windows 7 prior to upgrade might have been still using windows 7 drivers... you could also try going to the GPU vendor directly for current drivers for the GPU

No, it’s 2019 model it was always windows 10.
Also i downloaded latest driver for my particular model and used DDU in safe mode to install the newest gpu driver.

Last edited: