Solved! Laptop PC that's connected to DAC connection to Sony AV Receiver (of 2012) for music listening

omegaman2

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2014
I want to connect a DAC that can be connected to laptop PC, then to be connected to an AV Receiver. I have a Topping D10 DAC that I can connect with USB to my Acer Aspire V3 laptop computer of 2013; AMD A8, 8 GB of system memory. I exchanged original Hitachi 750GB HDD for a Samsung SSD 850 EVO of 250GB. Original hard disk drive is now used as a back up drive.

Therefore, from the Topping D10 DAC USB connection to PC I want to connect long RCA cables of 20, or 25 feet in length to my Sony STR-DH520 AV Receiver (2012) of 85 watts.

Then can I connect Topping D10 DAC to Sony STR-DH520 Receiver to RCA AUDIO IN inputs that are for, "SAT/CATV"? I already have a Coaxial RCA cable connected to input of the Sony AV Receiver from a SACD/DVD Player; so that option for connection is not actually available.

Therefore, can a possible connection be made to the above RCA Audio input jacks of Sony AV Receiver? I want to listen to music from Amazon Music Prime, or Spotify. Thank you for any reasonable advice that can be given.

Solution
You can use the Line out on the Topping to any Line In on the receiver, the ones that are paired with a video input may have an issue working if they don't detect a video input there as well. Try it and see if it works.