Question Laptop performance decreasing over time in a game

Nov 25, 2019
Hello guys, Lately I've been having this weird issue with my laptop where its performance decreases overtime during a game; for example, I start a game with a constant 60fps but after 10~15minutes it starts decreasing to 40fps and the more times goes by, the more the performance decreases Its a pretty old laptop and its specs are:
-AMD Radeon HD 8570M (temp 68°C~75°C max)
-Intel Graphics HD 4600
-CPU I3 4000M (56°C~62°C)
I am pretty sure I do not have any virus as I have recently re-installed the windows and I'm guessing the temps are okay, please let me know what you think is causing the problem?

First make sure nothing else is running in the background. That will use up your resources and cause issues. So anything you have running, even if not actively using it, browser tabs, etc.

Should that not help, then I would ask have you checked the temperatures? If anything is heating up then it could cause this problem. You need to install (there are many free ones) temp monitoring software and see what temps you are getting when the problems start. If it is in deed anything overheating, then you need to look at cleaning out the inside of the laptop of dust and debris, and possibly even replacing the thermal past or more.

Nov 25, 2019
First make sure nothing else is running in the background. That will use up your resources and cause issues. So anything you have running, even if not actively using it, browser tabs, etc.

Should that not help, then I would ask have you checked the temperatures? If anything is heating up then it could cause this problem. You need to install (there are many free ones) temp monitoring software and see what temps you are getting when the problems start. If it is in deed anything overheating, then you need to look at cleaning out the inside of the laptop of dust and debris, and possibly even replacing the thermal past or more.
Thanks, I will keep monitoring if there's anything using the resources in the background but regarding the temperatures, I have MSI afterburner installed and I have been taking a look at my temps once in a while and got some results while gaming:
-AMD Radeon HD 8570M doesn't go any higher than 76°C
-I3 CPU 4000M has a maximum temp of 63°

Am I in a "danger zone" with these temperatures?

Nov 25, 2019
If those are the temps when doing nothing at all on the computer, then I would monitor it more. However, if that is as high as they get, even when say gaming or putting a load on the system, then those temps are fine.
Those temps are when gaming or doing something "heavy" and that's what I thought too, those temps are fine, I guess I'm gonna keep monitoring till I find the issue