Laptop performance issue

NewFie

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2009
I had a big thing typed up and lost it because I never chose a Sub category haha. So I'm going to try and sum this up.

I play COD4 capped at 125 FPS, but can get 200 constant. I experience little rapid chops and occasionally one second game freezes. My FPS now, no matter if it's capped at 125, 200, or 75 will fluctuate two or three. <-- Just a symptom that never happened before, not a big deal.

I tried COD2, same sort of thing just not as bad. I also noticed a slight performance decrease on the desktop though I may be paranoid.

I'm running Windows Vista 64 bit on a Toshiba P300-OG1 with a Core 2 Duo Processor P7450 @ 2.13 GHz, 4 GB of ram, and a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650.

I hope that I gave enough information, if not let me know. I also hope I can get this fixed.

Thanks

NewFie

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2009
It's almost as in my laptop is in Power saver, that's the kind of performance set back I get. It's showing High Performance though.

NewFie

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2009
That's the point, I shouldn't be getting any chop/lag at all, but I do. And it only started up about two days ago, and though the fps is still good it gets bad.