Laptop playing through speakers and headphones

boltonfanatic

Commendable
Dec 3, 2016
So, when i plug my headphones into the laptop the sound comes through them but it also gets played out loud through the speakers on the laptop. I've tried various solutions from this website but none of them work, when i disable the speakers for instance it also stops the sound coming through the headphones and the headphones dont appear to be showing up on the list of devices

When you were in "Control Panel" and then "Sounds", did you try right clicking on the white in the window and make sure "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices" were both checked?

If that doesn't/didn't help try going to this Microsoft page, read the instructions and click on the second link listed. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2970908"

When you were in "Control Panel" and then "Sounds", did you try right clicking on the white in the window and make sure "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices" were both checked?

If that doesn't/didn't help try going to this Microsoft page, read the instructions and click on the second link listed. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2970908"

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 3
J Laptop Tech Support 8
S Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 4
K Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
W Laptop Tech Support 2
P Laptop Tech Support 7
B Laptop Tech Support 2