Laptop power off suudenly

ghost909416

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017
I have a dell inspiron 15r turbo 7520.
Recently it has started strange behavior. it power offs suddenly. No error no message no blue screen of death. I cleaned the cpu fan, applied new thermal paste thinking that it may be related to overheating but it didnt work. i checked my thermals with multiple software like speedfan, speccy, open hardware monitor and they report normal temps.
The timming after boot when it power offs is also random. sometimes it even turned off when displaying boot dell logo. i have also run dell hardware diagnostics and no error.
only thing which i suspect now is that my battery is dead since a few weeks but it started power down only from 2 days. this is just what i think. it can be any other reason also.
Please let me know if something comes to your mind

Have you tried starting it up in "Safe Mode" to see if it also shuts down when in there? If it doesn't, you may have something on the computer (bad software, malware, virus, etc.

How to enter "Safe Mode" when booting the computer.

In Windows 8 and 10...

As your computer restarts, press F8 (possibly a few times) to enter "Safe Mode"

a. Press the "F4" key to Enable "Safe Mode".
(The computer will then start in "Safe Mode" with a minimal set of drivers and services.)

b. Press the "F5" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Networking.
( Once "Safe Mode" with Networking starts, Windows is in Safe Mode, with additional network and services for accessing the Internet and other computers on your network.)

c. Press the "F6" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Command Prompt.
(In "Safe Mode" with "Command Prompt" starts Windows in Safe Mode, with a Command Prompt window instead of the Windows interface. This option is mostly only used by IT professionals.)

Now sign in to the computer with your account name and password. (If you have one set.) When you are finished troubleshooting, you can exit "Safe Mode" restarting your computer.

In Windows 7/Vista/XP...

1. Immediately after turning on the computer, or restarting it (usually after you hear your computer beep), tap the F8 key, repeatedly, in 1 second intervals.

2. The computer will then display hardware information and run a memory test.

3. Next the "Advanced Boot Options" menu will appear.

4. In the "Advanced Boot Options" menu use the arrow keys to select "Safe Mode" or "Safe Mode with Networking" and press ENTER.