Laptop Powers off Automatically

Hamza Noman

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013
Hi Everyone!
My name is Hamza and I have a question.
I have a DELL Latitude D531. Its a bit old but used to work like a Ferrari untill one of my smaller brother downloaded something on it.
It has Windows 7 Home Basic and the problem that is coming is that it Powers Off automatically. Like if you use it it powers off after 15-20 minutes.
Then, I told my other brother who I thought was sensible enough to handle the situation perfectly but Formated the laptop in such a way that it says the BOOTMANAGER is missing and I have no choice left except to reinstall Windows
So basicly, I cannot Re-install the windows because when the windows are expanding it powers off automatically.........

Please help me otherwise my laptop will go to waste.
Anyways, THANKS............. :)

Regards
Hamza Noman

dextermat

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007
Hi,

Get your windows 7 disk an try to reinstall windows since that is what you are trying to do in the first place.
If the computer power on and shut down you need to clean up the fan. Use the power cord when installing windows because you might have a weak battery.

Hamza Noman

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013
Keep it up.
But still these solutions are not working for me. Except I haven't tried the fan one.
I need your help
And No. I do not know what my EVIL brother downloaded

Keep up with the answers. Still not resolved. NEED MORE ANSWERS

Regards
Hamza Noman

Hamza Noman

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013

Hey DEXTERMAT,

I'll do as you suggest but anyways I am using a power cord because I have a very weak battery which lasts hardly 60-80 minutes

Regards
Hamza Noman