Solved! Laptop question about Upgrade

Dec 7, 2021
Hello there,

First of all my name is Mindaugas and I live in Lithuania, and I'm pleased to be here, I'm hoping to whatever is reading, that he/she shall be having a nice day or night.

So let's get to the point,

I have a laptop - ASUS K52dr

Here it's specs:

OS
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

CPU Name
AMD Phenom™ II P960 Quad-Core Processor

Total Size
8192 MB
Type
Dual Channel (128 bit) DDR3-SDRAM

GPU Type
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series @ 750 MHz (1024mb)

Motherboard - k52dr

And my question is here, but first of all, yes i know, i know, You might think, what a dumb question of me, but i know what I want,
and so on, I would like to know if there is a possibility for a cpu upgrade, can You guys help me out the best variant? Motherboard socket is
Socket S1 (638). And also, if not, maybe I could buy another identical motherboard for which I would also need help for finding..

Solution
Trying to change out a CPU in a laptop has many potential problems. Increased heat, increased power demands and electrical compatibility. Unless you know first hand it will work, I wouldn't try it.

If you don;t have an SSD, installing that will make a good improvement. You also need to update to Win 10. Win 7 long ago stopped getting security upgrades and is vulnerable to attacks.
Trying to change out a CPU in a laptop has many potential problems. Increased heat, increased power demands and electrical compatibility. Unless you know first hand it will work, I wouldn't try it.

If you don;t have an SSD, installing that will make a good improvement. You also need to update to Win 10. Win 7 long ago stopped getting security upgrades and is vulnerable to attacks.

Solution