Laptop Question/Problem

Quinnal

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012
Hello all. I had purchased my laptop maybe a bit more then a year ago and looking at the specs I was fairly happy with what I saw (especially in comparison to my old laptop) but when I run say Fallout New Vegas it runs much slower then I had anticipated. I am forced to run the game on its lowest settings and still get the drops in fps from so many things. I was wondering if you guys/gals can take a look at my specs and tell me if my laptop is running as it should or if it should be a bit faster then this.

Note: When I start up most games it recommends I put my graphical settings to High but my laptop can't seem to handle it very well.

Processor Intel (R) Core i5 CPU M 460 @ 2.53GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Graphics: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470, Approx. Total Memory 2732 MB

Display: 1600 x 900

If any other information is needed, please say so and I'll find edit accordingly. Thank you in advance for your help!

Quinnal

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012
No its always needed the lower settings.

The temperature is fine. Never overheating or anything like that.

From what I can tell the drivers are fine what would I be looking for to see if they were messed up?

Yea with just about every game that allows for a scan of the system then a recommendation of settings, it's always set to high. I'ts not just New Vegas that needs to have reduced settings. On the lowest it can run at around 60 fps but will drop below that often enough.

lordofdeath242

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012
sorry but I wouldn't expect any better from your card, my 6650m strains to max it out, though there are some mods that can improve it's perfrmance
checkout "newvegasnexus" they shouldn't be too hard to find

TRENDING THREADS