Laptop ram upgrade black screen

Cofetaru

Estimable
Jun 4, 2015
Hello guys. I ve upgraded my laptop acer e1-572 to 6gb because i gave 4 gb to my cousin. Laptop cames with 6gb . But i ordered new 1 of 2gb and 1 of 4 gb . I put them and black screen pop up. No beep nothing. I put the old 2 gb back same black screen... What s wrong ?

Cofetaru

Estimable
Jun 4, 2015
I put it on the kitchen table... The ram stick are properly inserted... I m gonna try again now cos i was at work and i will let ya know...

Cofetaru

Estimable
Jun 4, 2015
It worked with my old Ram. But my old one is 2gb 800mhz. If i put only the new one which buyer says it's 4gb 1600mhz laptop won t turn on it stays with black screen.. But i opened with cpuz and it show same mhz at the 4gb. 800 mhz instead 1600? It my be because i have the 2gb at 800mhz?
Should i sell the 4gb at 1600mhz and buy otherone for 800 mhz? :-??
But my laptop says 5-20% cpu usage and 50% ram usage for idle is that normal?:/

800 is the actual I/0 bus clock speed in MHz; that's correct. Most people get the clock speed confused with the data rate (which is always advertised in MHz, but the data rate is actually in MT/s - or megatransfers per second). The confusion is really the fault of how the memory is advertised.

ANYWAY

Are you sure your system supports 4 GB modules? And one other compatibility thing to check: Is it high density or low density memory (and which does your laptop support)?

Your CPU usage seems fairly normal for idle (0% would be better, but if you have a lot of programs installed, 5% - 20% is not uncommon). Your RAM usage for idle is a little high, but then again, it's only 2 GB. Windows caches some of that RAM and your programs in the background are probably eating up some of it too.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Connoru Laptop Tech Support 6
J Laptop Tech Support 2
N Laptop Tech Support 14
S Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 0
deadsteampunk11 Laptop Tech Support 0
BonBagner Laptop Tech Support 1
philly.a Laptop Tech Support 1
2 Laptop Tech Support 3
S Laptop Tech Support 3
G Laptop Tech Support 1