Laptop random BSOD, then restart into weird terminal

Jake Lu

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017
Hello, this my first time posting. And I hope someone can help.

About a year ago I bought a new laptop. It's an Acer Aspire E 15, E5-553G-1986. It has a Amd A12-9700p cpu, Amd radon R8 M445 DX 2gb graphics with crossfire, 8 gb DDR4 ram, an ssd and a hdd. Running Win 10.

The problem is that whenever I am using the laptop unplugged from the charger, after 5 to 15 minutes it pops up a blue screen and then restarts showing the following screen.

view

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3HsdPbnv8QLSlhNWjktTXhtdEU

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Try removing a stick of ram and see if it tells you that the Memory was changed and gives you an option to enter setup. Try that with both stick of ram, if it doesn't happen with the first one you take out, try the other. If so, Look for a setting that says something along the lines of EFI boot and disable it.

uber9000

Estimable
May 31, 2014
Try removing a stick of ram and see if it tells you that the Memory was changed and gives you an option to enter setup. Try that with both stick of ram, if it doesn't happen with the first one you take out, try the other. If so, Look for a setting that says something along the lines of EFI boot and disable it.

Solution

Jake Lu

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017

I got into the BIOS and reset it to optimal settings

uber9000

Estimable
May 31, 2014

Excellent. Hopefully that helps the issue!