Laptop recognise my mic with 3.5mm jack as an headphone and won't record the mic

litzhd

Commendable
Dec 26, 2016
my mic is a KO2 remax MIc and my laptop won't record the sound of the mic, it will just record the laptop's mic. it recognises as a headphone. how do i switch it to force it to recognise as an mic?

Solution
Then you probably have a jack that is output only, no input. It happens a lot with newer laptops. They just don't add that kind of jack.

There are two ways to work around it.

1. Get yourself an adapter that can convert the mic or mic/headphone combo to a USB and plug it into the laptop that way.
2. Get a mic or mic/headphone combo that is already USB.
Then you probably have a jack that is output only, no input. It happens a lot with newer laptops. They just don't add that kind of jack.

There are two ways to work around it.

1. Get yourself an adapter that can convert the mic or mic/headphone combo to a USB and plug it into the laptop that way.
2. Get a mic or mic/headphone combo that is already USB.

Solution

litzhd

Commendable
Dec 26, 2016
when i plug the jack in it shows a pop up and i put headphone and remember the dialogue thing, how can i uncheck the headphone? (sorry my english is not very good)

That would only work if your headphones/mic are a dual 3.5mm plug version. If it is a single 3.5mm plug on the headphones/mic then it needs to be a single one going into the adapter. It wouldn't work with that adapter, if a single plug, because those 3.5mm ports on it are input only and output only. Where a single jack for both is input/output in one.

litzhd

Commendable
Dec 26, 2016
ok so um my mic it includes a micro usb to 3.5mm WIRE so like at the top is micro usb and the button is 3.5mm (ko2 mic pls search it up so u won't get confused) and when i plug in the 3.5mm (and no i am not good at tech stuff) it just will recognise it as a headphone (still don't know what's a output or input i just know a bit.) so which??? (and real sorry to confuse u)

I see, so it comes with an adapter, just not the kind you need.

Well, if you want to try it using 2 different adapters at once (which would be the one you have+ the first link I sent) or running with one adapter only (the second link I sent).

Output is for headphones. Meaning the sound is coming 'out' of the device. Input is for microphones, meaning the sound is going 'into' the device.

Since it is only recognizing your headphones and not the mic, then the 3.5 mm jack would be only output.

This is why the adapter is needed (or the combo as mentioned above) to make it work through the USB port. USBs are input/output. You can't make an output only 3.5mm jack into an input/output one.