Question Laptop recommendation - for gaming a bit

tibibs

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2015
Hi,

I'm looking for replacing my ageing laptop
Budget : 1500~2000 USD (as you can see it is flexible. The purpose is not to push it by 500USD for 10 FPS or Ray tracing)
Screen : 14 to 16 inch
Resolution : 2k min
Low noise at low load
Easily transportable (not a massive gaming laptop)

I have few takes like the framework, the Asus G14 or XPS15 or some Zenbook 14 (we would hdegrade the gaming part for the latest) .

Can anyone recommend me? Should I prefer AMD or Intel?

The type of games I am planning to play are some FPS like Cyberpunk. It is casual gaming, it doesn't need to be all settings at high for the latest AAA title.

Thank you,

Tibibs

scarlettm59

Prominent
Aug 25, 2021
Yes I think Asus is a good option, but I recommend going with 12th gen Laptop, since you would like to play AAA titles. My suggestion would be like "HP Victus Gaming Laptop 15-FA0032DX" or relevant With GPU min 3050 TI

Etrius vanRandr

Prominent
BANNED
May 11, 2022
y suggestion would be like "HP Victus Gaming Laptop 15-FA0032DX" or relevant With GPU min 3050 TI

Please for the love of whatever you hold holy, NEVER ever recommend a laptop with 3050 or 3050 Ti ever again. It is the worst performance for value chip on the market and is often paired with CPUs that far outclass it.

Avoid Dell at all costs.

Get an HP corporate notebook if you want something that will last forever. They're extremely expensive but worth every cent.

If not, MSI's high end is generally pretty good, but their low end is exceptionally terrible. Avoid Razer and NZXT like the plague since they exploit child labor in their factories.

ASUS generally makes good products. I've owned many of their motherboards and laptops.

My suggestion for you is the ROG Zephyrus 16.