Laptop recommendation needed, win 8, touch screen 1080p screen

Evan Haas

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013
I have another request to help me find the right laptop for me. I've found a few that I like but they are always lacking something. The Visio CT14-A4 is a great screen, but with no touch capability. The Asus VivoBook S400CA-UH51 has everything else but is a low res screen. There must be the right one out there. Thanks for your help!

1. What is your budget? Around $600, willing to wait for a deal

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 13"-15"

3. What screen resolution do you want? 1080p

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Mostly use at home with occasional travel, under 5.5lbs

5. How much battery life do you need? Not very important

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? very minimal game use

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Some mild photo editing

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
128gb should be enough

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
4ish years?

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? bluray drive

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. a little weary of HP since my last one broke too soon

13. What country do you live in? USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. I would like to make sure it has windows 8 and a touch screen.

Evan Haas

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013

Well, maybe that's why I'm having a hard time finding what I want...I just figured it was out there since the Visio CT14-A4 has everything I want except a touch screen, and it can be found refurbished for $600. (ok yes I realize that I'd have to pay more for a touch screen version)

Hi :)

Roughly speaking a Touch screen DOUBLES the price of a cheap laptop.... then you add things like BlueRay and 128 gb SSD, your budget is WAY too low for new.... maybe you should look for second hand...

All the best Brett :)