Laptop Recommendation?

podaw32

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012
1. What is your budget?
$1000 max

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15.6"

3. What screen resolution do you want?
1920×1200

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable

5. How much battery life do you need?
4-5 hours at least but I would like to focus at more battery life if possible.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
TF2- High
Portal 2 - High
LFD2 - High
Minecraft - High
Battlefield 3 - Medium/High if possible
Basically, I want to be able to run any future games without a performance decrease.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Watch HD movies, programming and word editing.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
At least 500GB.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
N/A

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
At least 4 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD Writer

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
N/A

13. What country do you live in?
Canada

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Mainly, I'm going to be programming and word editing but I will occasionally play games too.

Also a random question but which is more suitable for my purposes, the i7-2670QM or i5-2520M?

Thank you :)

Unrealistic expectation from a notebook system.

But the Sager NP9130 and it's GeForce GTX 670M / Core i5-2450M can come closer to meeting that goal than any notebook from Dell, HP, etc.
It also has Optimus battery saving mode which you didn't see in previous models with GTX 670M/GTX 570M class graphics cards.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M review
Compared with desktop graphics cards it's a bit better than Radeon HD 5770 or
GeForce GTX 550 Ti.

burton88

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
i agree with them sager is the way to go well worth the money for the quality of parts and warranties that you will have. Roommate owned one from last year never saw it over heat from all his games and they also covered his laptop when he added new cpu and ram and ssd to it which almost all other companies wont since they do its one big cover on back and comes off very easily exposing everything you can easily switch out in matter of minutes. Every other laptop i have upgraded cpu it took at least 40 minutes to take apart

podaw32

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012
Thank you for the recommendation. :)

I didn't intend to focus so much on the gaming aspect on the laptop. I'm fine with it not being able to handle games that well. If anything, I would rather have a laptop that has a good processor while being to handle some games that may soon be considered old. Battery life is more important than the gaming aspect to me. I also would like to save some money if possible.