Solved! Laptop requirement of UXGA or better

Jul 23, 2019
My son requires a laptop for school which explicitly states a display requirement of "UXGA or better".
When I look at laptop specs and the associated video card specs, the graphics array 'type', e.g. UXGA, WUXGA, etc. is not referenced or noted.
How do I ensure that the laptop I buy meets this requirement?
Thanks for any assistance you can provide!!

Solution
My son requires a laptop for school which explicitly states a display requirement of "UXGA or better".
When I look at laptop specs and the associated video card specs, the graphics array 'type', e.g. UXGA, WUXGA, etc. is not referenced or noted.

That is a very odd resolution for a laptop, most screens are 768 or 1080 resolution. To get that UXGA or better you need a laptop with a 1440 or 4k screen. Is this for graphics design or CAD or anything similar?

You should ask the school if they have specific models they can recommend and why they need that high of a resolution in a laptop.
I can see why it would be confusing. Most info is listed by the numbers (###x###) etc. and not just what they told you. They should have really included all the information.

Basically a UXGA, which is short for 'Ultra Extended Graphics Array', is a display type in which the screen has a resolution of 1600 x 1200 (1600 pixels horizontally by 1200 pixels vertically), giving the display a total of 1,920,000 pixels on the screen.

You can find more info on display resolutions here... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Display_resolution

That is a very odd resolution for a laptop, most screens are 768 or 1080 resolution. To get that UXGA or better you need a laptop with a 1440 or 4k screen. Is this for graphics design or CAD or anything similar?

You should ask the school if they have specific models they can recommend and why they need that high of a resolution in a laptop.

Solution