Solved! Laptop screen black speck (not dead pixel)

Feb 2, 2019
I have an odd black speck on my Acer Aspire 5's screen. Its 1px by 1px in size. It is white when the screen is off, so not a dead pixel. It is black on white screen, and whiteish on black screen. It is slightly raised when I run my nail over it.

Since its there when screen is off, its not a dead pixel.

Here is a picture. You need to zoom in.
http://imgur.com/lHOsfft

What is it? Its not a pixel.

Edit: i must add that it appeared after I wiped the screen with a smooth microfiber cloth.

ptop

Solution

You are probably correct and there is not much you can do about it.
Possibly look at an automotive product that is used to fill in cracks in a windshield.
Filling in the pit with something clear might make it look better.
There is a real risk that you will make things worse so consider that option carefully.

Since it looked ok before you wiped the screen, there is some hope that it will look ok to you in time.

nobspls

Proper
Mar 14, 2018
From the picture it sure looks like a dead pixel. But it you say you can feel something slightly raised there, you might want to use a little bit of of soap and water to wet a paper towel an see if you wipe it off.

geofelt

Distinguished

You are probably correct and there is not much you can do about it.
Possibly look at an automotive product that is used to fill in cracks in a windshield.
Filling in the pit with something clear might make it look better.
There is a real risk that you will make things worse so consider that option carefully.

Since it looked ok before you wiped the screen, there is some hope that it will look ok to you in time.

Solution

nobspls

Proper
Mar 14, 2018
It probably never bothered you before, until you cleaned and now you can not un-see it. Not that you know it is pitted with that tiny defect, there is really not much you can do about it.

TRENDING THREADS