Laptop screen corruption

Feb 10, 2018
Toshiba laptop display corruption. I switched on my laptop and suddenly, lots of coloured dots appeared on the screen until I could barely see anything. I restarted and it returned right from the boot screen. Any one know what this could be. I have tried changing the ram & hdd, but still the same. The laptop has a intel i5 450m cpu which has onboard graphics, it also as an ati Radeon, could it be one of these that have failed as when connecting to another screen it is still the same?

Solution
It depends on if the display was left using the integrated graphics or if it was changed over to use the AMD one. It also depends on how you are attaching the external display. Different ones using a different GPU. You could try connecting a monitor via VGA (if the laptop has a VGA port). That should use the integrated graphics. Worst case, both are done for.
It depends on if the display was left using the integrated graphics or if it was changed over to use the AMD one. It also depends on how you are attaching the external display. Different ones using a different GPU. You could try connecting a monitor via VGA (if the laptop has a VGA port). That should use the integrated graphics. Worst case, both are done for.

Solution