Solved! laptop screen goes black but when i move it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 14, 2019
after i did bring my laptop to a technican (he wasnt too pro) to replace my old hardisk the screen started to go black after using the laptop for 5 mins but it comes back when i move the laptop screen up and down after 2 monthes this proplem become less common not every 5 mins maybe not for a whole day but now (after 4 monthes) the screen is going black when i touch the laptop and moving screen dont fix it anymore my thoughts is when the technician did close the laptop he didn't connect the video cable correctly or its loosely connected what is the proplem please?
(sorry for my very bad english)
last update: (when i press on laptop keyboard strongly the screen comes back but when i rise my hand its black again)
the model is: dell inspiron 5567

Solution
The above may be the issue, or as you yourself mention, it is possible the cable that connects the display has been put in such a position that it is being hindered when certain things are done on the laptop. The only way to know for certain is to open it back up and check the cable and its connections.

If you don't feel comfortable doing so yourself, I would suggest taking it to someone, just not the person you went to before. I would not trust them to do it correctly.
Jun 15, 2019
your hard drive connection may be loose, try taking it out and putting it back in and just tightening some screws, btw I made an account just to help you, hopefully this sovles your problem! ^_^

Reactions: moekun
The above may be the issue, or as you yourself mention, it is possible the cable that connects the display has been put in such a position that it is being hindered when certain things are done on the laptop. The only way to know for certain is to open it back up and check the cable and its connections.

If you don't feel comfortable doing so yourself, I would suggest taking it to someone, just not the person you went to before. I would not trust them to do it correctly.

Reactions: moekun
Solution
May 1, 2019
The "black screen of death" is usually very easy to repair on a laptop. First turn your computer off by pressing and holding down the start button. Next unplug the computer and then remove the battery. Press and hold down the start button for about 60 seconds UPSers

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2019
thank you so much guys for your help tommorow i will take it to another one and tell him what you have said, iam a little bit worried its a gpu proplem is there is anyway to make sure?

Jun 14, 2019

thx much bro ofc i will bring it to other one ☺️

Jun 14, 2019
guys how to know if it is a gpu proplem or not cuz iam a little bit worried i disabled gpu and Uninstalled driver but still got the same problem

Status
Not open for further replies.