laptop screen goes on and off

HANNINGTON

Commendable
Feb 13, 2016
hi, i am using a toshiba satellite laptop with boh nvidia and intel graphics drivers...but whenever am playing any game, after like 10mins the screen goes off for like 2secs then it goes on again...well the pc continues running but it is really irritating me whenever am playing games. what puzzles me is dat, while m using my pc on other kinds of softwares like mudbox, the screen doesn't go off at any moment

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by observing your laptop while connected to an external monitor and see if it will shut off/on by itself.
- If it the external monitor will stay on that could mean that the built in display is faulty or the ribbon cable may just need a reseating just to make sure it's connected properly.
- If it does do uninstall/reinstall the graphics card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the graphics driver.
- Check Programs and Features as well and uninstall anything related to your graphics card.
- Next is to download and install the last driver from NVIDIA support site.
- Here's the link: nvidia.com/download/index.aspx
- Once installed reboot your laptop for all the changes to take effect.
- After the reboot do set NVIDIA as the default graphics card.
https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2615/kw/setting%20nvidia%20as%20the%20graphics%20card
- If these doesn't work you may need to open your laptop and apply new thermal paste on both the GPU and CPU.