Laptop screen grayed out

normunds.rieksts

Prominent
Sep 20, 2017
Hello.

Recently I've been trying to solve this issue about laptop. The screen has actually been not working well quite a time ago, where it would become black or show black vertical lines, but it could be fixed by simply moving the display across the hinged until it fixed itself.

Now, as you can see in the (video), it starts of fine, with showing the right colors and screen, but them immediately just showing the horizontal line in the middle and slowly turning to gray while screen itself is not updating anymore ( the laptop works fine otherwise ). No amount of turning it in it's hinges will fix this and I'm just wondering, for those that have had something similar, where do you think the problem lies and is it worth fixing, as I will likely not be ordering new screen.

normunds.rieksts

Prominent
Sep 20, 2017

I did indeed, to no avail though. I guess there is no point to try to get to the cables inside the monitor itself, though worth a shot.

Guess the monitor is likely dead (though it still displays colors just fine at the startup) and that will be it of the laptop.

normunds.rieksts

Prominent
Sep 20, 2017

I know, but the laptop is more of a replacement if some other breaks, so to be honest, I have no use for it, if the screen is not working.

Thank you for the replies :).