Laptop Screen is Almost 100% Dim?

Saif12

Estimable
Oct 31, 2014
I Spilled dishes detergents on my laptop
EVERY THING WITH THE LAPTOP WORKS And It Never Shat down or became black screen BUT The Screen Appears Dim and bright at parts.

What is Causing this? Is it a damaged Inverter?
Or What? And how much would it cost to fix?

2ltsgvc.jpg

Solution
The Screen and inverter are once piece, what is your location btw?

There are 6 different Screens for that range of Laptops and they vary by region, I can find one easily in the UK but in the US it is a little harder. I will contact my suppliers and see what is readily available.

Sorry for the delay as you see I have a odd work schedule.

Toshiba Satellite L850-1V0 L850-1VQ L850-208 L850-B411 L850-BT3N22 all use the same display.

http://www.laptopscreen.com/English/model/Toshiba/SATELLITE~L850-BT3N22/

Depending on your preference for Glossy or Matte the price differs from $59.99 to $62.99

Toshiba Satellite L850-B411 New Display for 15.6" WXGA Laptop LCD LED Screen US $60.45
This one is branded as the exact display for that Laptop...
The screen is almost certainly physically damaged and needs to be replaced.

And I wouldn't trust the rest of the machine for long - make sure that you have backups. There might be some liquid in there just waiting to move another 1/4 inch and destroy your something-or-other.

delaro

Distinguished
Looks like the Back lite is Dead, after all it is a LCD, you will need a new screen. Screens are not all that expensive and most of them can be replaced without having to rip apart half of the laptop. List your make and model and I will list the part with instructions on how to replace the screen.

Saif12

Estimable
Oct 31, 2014
Its 1366X768 Toshiba Screen. I am unsure about the model, I am totally new to the screen issues.
What do you Estimate the screen price? And are you sure the LCD isn't expensive?

I wouldn't replace the screen my self thought I would get a Technical to do it.
Also Every thing Else Works Fine.. and the laptop and graphic card works excellent as it should...

Saif12

Estimable
Oct 31, 2014

Its 1366X768 15.6 Inches Toshiba Screen. I am unsure about the model, I am totally new to the screen issues.

What do you Estimate the screen price? And are you sure the LCD isn't expensive?

I wouldn't replace the screen my self thought I would get a Technical to do it.
Also Every thing Else Works Fine.. and the laptop and graphic card works excellent as it should... I know because I am sure at the exact place the detergents fell on.

delaro

Distinguished
Scrap that, you will need to disembowel "Remove the Keyboard and probably the LCD" that laptop and remove the Liquid. do not use it until this is done, in fact take the battery out now. This may solve the issue without replacing the LCD/Inverter. When I loaded this thread the top text was cut off I missed the " I spilled part".

Saif12

Estimable
Oct 31, 2014

I am 100% sure the keyboard wasn't affected
AND its been 3 hours and I turned it back and on with no issue.

I am typing this my self from my laptop in fact..
And I also thought the LCD replacement is a bit over fix....

Saif12

Estimable
Oct 31, 2014

Are you sure that the thing.. And its not just water under the screen..?

Saif12

Estimable
Oct 31, 2014

Cant it be dried some how?

ex_bubblehead

Distinguished

No, it cannot. The panel is damaged and must be replaced, unless of course, you want to live with a blotchy display.

delaro

Distinguished
The Soap will need to be removed to diagnose any further, after everything is dried and removed it will need to be tested. It is possible the LCD is not damaged but the Inverter maybe. Most displays have the Inverter build into the Bottom of the unit which means you have to replace both. I can get you a quote on the part if I have a model # located normally under the battery or around the battery. A general range is $35-$75 for the Display from what I have replaced over the years.

Saif12

Estimable
Oct 31, 2014

By 35$ 75$ is this the price of the LCD or the inverter?
The Model is Satalite L850 - B411.

I Can fully confirm that the battery part was not affected by Any Water. Its only the screen part where the detergents Spilled. Its 15.6 inches

delaro

Distinguished
The Screen and inverter are once piece, what is your location btw?

There are 6 different Screens for that range of Laptops and they vary by region, I can find one easily in the UK but in the US it is a little harder. I will contact my suppliers and see what is readily available.

Sorry for the delay as you see I have a odd work schedule.

Toshiba Satellite L850-1V0 L850-1VQ L850-208 L850-B411 L850-BT3N22 all use the same display.

http://www.laptopscreen.com/English/model/Toshiba/SATELLITE~L850-BT3N22/

Depending on your preference for Glossy or Matte the price differs from $59.99 to $62.99

Toshiba Satellite L850-B411 New Display for 15.6" WXGA Laptop LCD LED Screen US $60.45
This one is branded as the exact display for that Laptop but the one above will work as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180875046628?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D180875046628%26_rdc%3D1

Replacing the screen is at best a 20 minute job and very easy to do.

Solution