Question Laptop Screen not working

Apr 2, 2019
My HP Laptop Screen has stopped working after I accidently slapped it hard on the back of screen. It works fine when connected to a external monitor but the MAIN screen looks like its disconnected so I was wondering what would be the best idea to do??

Also I don't know if this is the correct place to ask and this is my first time asking online for help.
thx.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

So, if the laptop is under warranty, then I would contact the manufacturer. If it isn't under warranty, then you can either try opening it up yourself and looking at it to check the cable and also the display itself for damage, or you can take it to a local tech.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Laptop Tech Support 2
6 Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 3
T Laptop Tech Support 5
Davi Rego Laptop Tech Support 5
A Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 4
D Laptop Tech Support 4
M Laptop Tech Support 3
A Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 2
P Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 3
H Laptop Tech Support 3
A Laptop Tech Support 3
W Laptop Tech Support 3
T Laptop Tech Support 2
G Laptop Tech Support 5
Similar threads
Question Connection to laptop monitor got cut off, everything should be working. But hmdl shows black screen.
Question Aliminium laptop is blinking, and work only without bottom shell
Question New Laptop Screen - stops working after Nvidia drivers installed
Question Laptop black screen, but works with external monitor
Question Laptop water spill, it works fine on external monitor, but no screen.
Was working on my computer laptop. When it just clicked and the screen went black.
Solved! Laptop fell down...I think it is working properly... Just that the screen is showing black and white... Can I fix this?
I have a evoo laptop and it was working fine.. Today i turn it on and the screen is black.. I got nothing i just got it for ch
Solved! How to fix a black screen on my Mecer laptop. Already tried the ctrl+alt+del. Didn't work. And battery unremovable
Solved! laptop display is not working.
GL553VD 120hz monitor upgrade, will it work?
Solved! My Laptop Screen is black and I plug to an external monitor it doesn't also works it gives me the orange light, can anyone ple
laptop not work and not showing further screen
Solved! Dell laptop screen boots yo then qits will only work on external monitor
clicking sound heard from my laptop and suddenly laptop stop working and then there is a black screen appear in which it is w
Laptop screens turns weird and laptop stops working
screen is not working, but can hear the Windows sound
My laptop wont start just keeps going from a black screen to the hp screen I've tried holding f8 down but it's not working
Asus laptop e403n screen not working
Laptop touchscreen only works when the screen is almost shut

ASK THE COMMUNITY