Solved! Laptop Screen not working

Apr 2, 2019
My HP Laptop Screen has stopped working after I accidently slapped it hard on the back of screen. It works fine when connected to a external monitor but the MAIN screen looks like its disconnected so I was wondering what would be the best idea to do??

Also I don't know if this is the correct place to ask and this is my first time asking online for help.
thx.

Solution
If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

So, if the laptop is under warranty, then I would contact the manufacturer. If it isn't under warranty, then you can either try opening it up yourself and looking at it to check the cable and also the display itself for damage, or you can take it to a local tech.
If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

So, if the laptop is under warranty, then I would contact the manufacturer. If it isn't under warranty, then you can either try opening it up yourself and looking at it to check the cable and also the display itself for damage, or you can take it to a local tech.

Solution