Laptop screen problems

AlexAndr

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011
Hello! Few weeks ago I've cracked my laptop screen. So I've bought new one (correct type and same model)
bu when I replaced it and then started up the laptop I've got no image, just a black screen. I've tried to put a light at the back of screen and thn I could of see my desktop and all the icons.
First I thought that the backlight is dead but they I've ordered a new screen-same problem. The backlight type is LED one so there is no tubes like in CCFL.

Any help?

Computer model: Sony Vaio PCG-61611M

if your old screen was working fine other then the cracks..did you connect all the cables..for the back light to work it needs power from the inverter board. sometime people forget to plug all the cables back in..or one of them pops out of the clip.
if the screens are from ebay...they might be used and untested. or there not making the trip to your house undamaged.

katfishgr

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
It appears this model could have come with LED and CCFL model screens. Judging by the screen types available for it.

If you are certain its LED, then there is no inverter. Very few LED models required an inverter. If it's CCFL LCD, then it requires a seperate inverter to power the backlight. IF your's happens to be one of the few with an inverter for the LED screen, then try replacing that first.

For LED ... check both ends of the cable, reseat them just to make sure. Also, check the wires on the cable at the screen end. Make sure you didn't accidently pull any wires out of the plug when you removed the old screen.

Check for any lid switch that might be stuck. Most laptops use a magnetic switch, so that when the lid is closed, the screen turns off or the computer goes to sleep. Some laptops have a mechanical switch, that could get stuck. I'm not entirely familiar with your model though.

Other than a lid switch or cable issue, there's only two other reasons ... bad screen or mainboard problem. Since the mainboard is what supplies the screen with power and a video signal. In my experience, 11 years of laptop repairs, it's been rare to find this issue caused by a mainboard problem though. Usually ends up being the screen itself, a cable or a lid switch ... or inverter with CCFL models.

yadav1103

Honorable
Apr 16, 2013

hey did get any solution ???
if yes then tell me ...becz i got same problem here ??

AlexAndr

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011

I did found the problem, it was the fuse which was blown. You have to replace it, really hard to do. I've would advise you to seek professional solderer help because fuse is really small. I've sold my laptop and bought new one.

yadav1103

Honorable
Apr 16, 2013

thank you !!

TRENDING THREADS