Laptop screen stopped working After windows update

tejayd

Proper
Mar 11, 2018
I bought a new MSI gs63 stealth a few months ago. Everything has been great. Today I turn it on and the screen is blank. All the keys light up and if I plug it into an external monitor with the hdmi that works. Is there something I might be missing here? I searched this issue and couldn't find anyone with this problem. If screens were going bad I would assume there would be some info on it. Any ideas? Thanks.

I just realized the last thing I did on it, was updating windows. I don't know if that could be a factor. I feel it must be.

It could be if the driver was updated when it shouldn't have been. You may want to try and reinstall the prior driver.

Should that not help, try going to "System Restore" and see if you can set the computer back to a point in time prior to the update.

If even this fails, and this is a brand new device, contact the manufacturer as it should be still under warranty.

It could be if the driver was updated when it shouldn't have been. You may want to try and reinstall the prior driver.

Should that not help, try going to "System Restore" and see if you can set the computer back to a point in time prior to the update.

If even this fails, and this is a brand new device, contact the manufacturer as it should be still under warranty.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Laptop Tech Support 3
T Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 3
H Laptop Tech Support 3
C Laptop Tech Support 4
S Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 7
J Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1