Laptop screen with pink tint or doesn't come on at all

Rdm21740

Commendable
Jun 11, 2016
I have a gateway mx6124. when I turn it on sometimes the screen has a pinkish tint. Other times the screen won't come on at all. When I connect an external monitor to and the laptop screen comes on and is pink, the external monitor colors are fine. When the laptop screen doesn't come on, neither does the external monitor screen. Anyone have any ideas?

Solution
First reseat the connections, then replace the inverter (some models with an LED backlit screen don't have those), then backlight or the full LCD assembly should be replaced if the inverter nor connection fixed the issue.
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to test the GPU as well, connect an external monitor and observe if the same problem will persist or not.
- If the external monitor will work normally that means your GPU is working.
- I would suggest to start with the LCD cable since it's cheaper and chances are it's just a cable problem since you did mentioned that there was one time that when you move the screen it would display normal.

Rdm21740

Commendable
Jun 11, 2016
As stated in my post, I have connected an external monitor. When the laptop turns on and the laptop screen comes on, the external monitor comes on and shows a normal display, While the laptop monitor has a pinkish tint.
Then Sometimes when the laptop turns on, the laptop screen won't come on and neither will the external monitor.